The Prayer Vigils have moved to a new page. From our Welcome Page, select Fourth Day and scroll down to the heading New Prayer Vigil Sign Up page.
Thanks for your patience while this page was under construction as well as many thanks to all those who assisted in creating these new Prayer Vigils.
Prayer Vigil Suggestions:
- Begin by asking God to clear your mind of all outside distractions. Place all of your thoughts and your spirit with the people and the walk you have come to Him to bless.
- Be silent for a few seconds and begin to feel His presence with you. Pray as if you are talking to your best friend – you are! Ask Him to bless with His spirit the buildings, grounds and all things used to bring those present to an awareness of Him.
- Pray for the lay director, if not by name, by duty. He/she must walk in His spirit for anything that they may be called upon to solve.
- Pray for the assistant lay director(s) in much the same way.
- Pray for the spiritual director that he/she may truly be an an instrument of His spirit.
- Pray for the assistant spiritual director(s) in much the same way.
- Pray for the board representative that he/she may have the courage to keep the purity of the walk and to not let personalities keep them from doing what they promised God they would do.
- Pray for the speakers. Pray that they remember Whom they represent, that they lay down self and glorify God.
- Pray for the talks, the message each is to give, for the giver and for each person who hears, that they may hear according to their need.
Pray for Priority … Prevenient Grace … Priesthood of all Believers … Justifying Grace … Life in Piety... Grow through Study … Means of Grace … Christian Action … Obstacles to Grace … Discipleship … Changing our World … Sanctifying Grace … Body of Christ … Perseverance … and Fourth Day.
- Pray for the musicians, that their music may bring God's message, and soothe troubled souls.
- Pray for the team assistants that they do not tire. Pray for their renewed strength.
- Pray for the pilgrims... the ones who cannot leave their thoughts behind, the ones uneasy in the setting … the ones who cannot sleep … the ones feeling forced to come … the ones looking for magic, not miracles … the ones who are open and receiving … for all the conditions known to God
- Pray for the agape team and all who minister in unrecognized ways.
- Pray for the fun and fellowship that will warm hearts and keep the focus on God.
- Pray for all of the agape gifts, for the hands that made them, and the blessing they bring.
- Pray for the sacred moments throughout the weekend such as chapel, communion, Saturday night dinner, candlelight, commissioning, closing …
- And lastly, give it all to our Lord and Friend –Who sees and knows, asking for blessing and presence with everyone connected –not only those mentioned, but families, and the change for the church and community.
- End by praising and thanking God for the opportunity He has given you to talk to Him on behalf of others.